Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Apple Blackberry Crumble

If you have blackberries coming out your ears like I do (Or even if you don't) you will appreciate another yummy way to serve them up.  Every year I can apples and freeze blackberries so this is a treat we can enjoy all year at our house.



Layer your sliced apples (3-4) in the bottom of a baking dish with three cups of blackberries.



Sprinkle 1/4 cup of brown sugar on top.



Chop and sprinkle a teaspoon of crystallized ginger over top. Then heat the oven to 350 and put the pan in there to precook your fruit while you prepare the crumble for the top.



In a bowl mix 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup refined bakers sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.



Melt 2/3 cup of butter and mix. . .


. . .until you have a course crumbly texture.



Sprinkle over fruit and bake for 30 minutes.



Enjoy! I like this better than the cobbler I made a few weeks ago. If you are feeling adventurous you can add chopped almonds to the crumble--I would have but I was out.

No comments: