Sunday, August 23, 2009

Creamy Pesto Dressing

In an effort to get good use out of my garden, I have been coming up with new ways to use what I have growing out there. Early in the summer I was awash in the most tender buttery Buttercrunch lettuce. It was almost good enough to eat alone. But I also had, and still have, loads of basil. So I decided to put the two together and made a Basil Pesto Salad Dressing.

It's simple, its yummy, and you really don't need much else for your salad. . .except maybe some tomatoes.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of basil leaves
1/4 cup parsley
1/4 cup Parmesan
1 cup mayo
1 Tbs red wine vinegar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup of pine nuts
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 pepper

Process in blender of food processor until creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments: